LEARNOVATE - PRINCE2 Agile
PRINCE2 Agile is the world’s most popular project management methodology that blends the flexibility and responsiveness of agile with the governance strengths of PRINCE2.
PRINCE2, the most commonly adopted approach of project management in the world is becoming central in its usage in conjunction with agile practices, behaviors and techniques. The business ecosystem today has become so dynamic and the luxury of yesterday cannot cope any longer. For this reason, organizations are increasingly adopting agile. Therefore, the need for specific guidance on how to use PRINCE2 in agile ways of working has grown considerably. In other words, as the need to keep using PRINCE2 cannot go away and the need to become agile in the ways of project product delivery is driving businesses across the globe to adopt agile, combining the two is the new normal. This complements the two to create a holistic approach to managing projects.
Execution of successful projects lies in three areas – project direction, management and delivery. The strength of PRINCE2 lies in project direction and project management but has little focus on delivery. This weak area is the strong focus of agile yet weak in direction and management. Hence, combining PRINCE2 and agile has birthed PRINCE2 Agile which ensure efficient execution of projects.
- Provides excellent delivery of project work while enjoying flexibility and responsiveness of Agile environments such as SCRUM, KANBAN, Lean Startup among others given its industry-agnostic nature.
- Fully accommodates the requirements of contemporary project management as it enjoys the structure, governance, and controls while embracing agile methods, concepts, and strategies.
- Is designed to enable professionals tailor management controls when working in an environment.
- Lets project teams focus on both governance, management and delivery while avoiding waste and focusing on the customer requirements and ensuring organization benefits.
- Is adaptable while remaining collaboration with endless benefits for project organizations.
- Those who currently using agile practices,
- Those who are new to agile may want to become familiar with, and perhaps ultimately adopt.
- Practitioners who are proficient in other project methodologies and want to go agile.
- Any stakeholder involved in any project initiative.
There are no specific prerequisites to PRINCE2 Agile Foundation certification but industry experience will add value. However, to take the PRINCE2 Agile Practitioner examination, you need to have at least one of the below:
- PRINCE2 Agile Foundation or any PRINCE2 certification.
- Project Management Professional® (PMP)
- Certified Associate in Project Management® (CAPM)
- IMPA Levels A, B, C and D®(Certified Projects Director).
- PRINCE2 Agile Practitioner certificates are valid for 3 years.
- To remain accredited, Practitioners can re-sit the exam, or log CPD points.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Understand the basic concepts of common agile ways of working
- Understand the purpose and context for blending PRINCE2 and the agile way of working
- Be able to apply and evaluate the focus areas to a project in an agile context
- Be able to fix and flex the six aspects of a project in an agile context
- Be able to apply or tailor the PRINCE2 principles, themes, processes and management products to a project in an agile context